Monday, May 25, 2020

During the Clinton Administration, I was invited to the White Conference on Managed Healthcare.


 During the conference, I shared my concern that Managed Healthcare would force independent healthcare providers to either seek employment or become per session consultants for group practices. Unfortunately, I was correct. Anderson & Anderson, APC was forced to discontinue all of our Preferred Provider Agreements with major corporations to provider inpatient and outpatient psychiatric and substance abuse treatment.

At the time of this White House Conference, Anderson & Anderson, APC had agreements with AMTRAX, Xerox, Occidental Petroleum, United Air Lines, Mexicana Air Lines and several others. We had contractors consisting of Psychiatrists, Psychologists and Clinical Social Workers in twelve western states. We were the largest referral source for Comprehensive Health Care in the U.S.

In response to Managed Healthcare, one of the first things we did was to invest in rental property as a more stable independent income stream. I wrote and self-published a client workbook on Batterer’s Intervention and a second curriculum on Anger Management. I quickly began certifying others in these two needed services.

Just I we did in the above crisis, I am moving aggressively to plan for the “new normal” post Covid-19. I have developed three CEU Home Study CEU trainings in Anger Management and Batterer’s Intervention. I have developed a new On-line Emotional Intelligence Coach Certification training. I have also placed my Anger Management Certification On-line. Finally, I have increased the marketing of our related client workbooks to Prison-Reentry Programs as well as Mental Health and Social Service Agencies.

Now is the time to plan for the Post Pandemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment